Employers must make sure that their workplace’s health and safety meet the legal requirements.
Workplace safety refers to the working environment of a business and covers all the individual factors that impact employees’ health, wellbeing, and safety.
This may include:
- Unsafe working processes or conditions
- Environmental hazards
- On-site violence
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- The appropriate use of tools
- Making crisis exits easily accessible
- The use of mechanical assistance
- Reducing job-related stress